Bahri-Mehra is a uniquely experienced attorney who is licensed to practice law both in the United States and in India. Born and educated in Mumbai, Vinita brings a unique cultural and business perspective to her clients who rely heavily on her negotiation skills, proactive advice and practical knowledge of the Asia-Pacific region.
- What We're Reading: P&G, Ambassadors Lobby for Trans-Pacific Partnership in Cincinnati
- What We're Reading: "Beyond Student Recruitment: 5 Countries American Universities Should Watch in 2013"
- What We're Reading: "Goldman Sachs upgrades India to 'overweight'"
OUR EXPERIENCE IN THE ASIA-PACIFIC MARKET
Our global business team has experience with advising U.S. clients as they expand into quick-growing markets in the Asia-Pacific region and helping companies from the Pacific Rim as they establish operations in the U.S.
The Asia-Pacific region offers unique trade and investment opportunities. Most visibly, India and China are quickly developing into global centers of technology, although many other domestic sectors of their economies are also growing at unprecedented rates. The growth in the region presents particular challenges to companies planning to do business there, including market access barriers, complex legal and regulatory regulations, embedded cultures of corruption, restrictions on offshore lending and paternalistic investment rules.
If businesses are to make the most of these wide-ranging opportunities in Asia-Pacific markets, they need to be thoroughly prepared and advised by a global business firm that understands the diverse cultural and legal nuances involved.
A FOCUS ON INDIA
Early on, Kegler Brown recognized the importance of the Indian marketplace. The firm’s Asia-Pacific practice maintains an experienced Indian lawyer in Ohio, Ms. Vinita Bahri-Mehra, who is licensed to practice in Ohio and India, speaks fluent Hindi, and has years of legal, business and personal experience in India. So, Kegler Brown is able to provide quality, cost-effective legal advice at any time, removing obstacles that would otherwise arise from time differences, distances, language, and other barriers to business.
SERVICESKegler, Brown, Hill & Ritter’s Asia-Pacific Practice focuses on a diverse understanding of business and legal matters, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions, equity investments and joint ventures
- Equity and debt capital markets activities
- Business and technology sourcing transactions
- Global trade
- Structuring transactions and collaborating with government agencies to obtain regulatory approval
- Manufacturing, licensing and distribution
- Indirect tax laws and double-tax avoidance agreements
- Real estate laws and negotiation strategies
- Issues involving hiring of management and other employees, including U.S. residents and expatriates, and structuring of employment packages to comply with applicable local laws
- Anti-corruption and other federal trade compliances, including compliances under FCPA, OFAC and Export Control regulations
- Intellectual Property protection
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, including proceedings before various arbitral agencies such as ICC, UCITRAL, ICDR and IAA, as well as advising on enforcement of U.S. judgments and arbitral awards globally
- International collections
- International corporate investigations
- Devised a strategy for U.S. public and private companies to enter the Indian market
- Prepared joint venture agreements for the manufacturing, licensing and marketing of products throughout Asia
- Advised U.S. companies with issues under Federal Trade Compliances
- Advised U.S. universities with penetrating international markets in Asia, including China and India
- Advised U.S. manufacturing companies with greenfield operations in China and India
- Advised a U.S. private equity firm with its acquisitions in India in the healthcare industry
- Advised a U.S. client on a collection strategy for a six-figure amount in Korea
- Advised U.S. companies on corporate compliance issues in Taiwan and Japan
- Advised U.S. companies with market penetration strategies and related legal issues for trading operations in Hong Kong
- Advised on legal issues involving operations in Sri Lanka
- Advised on employment-related issues in Malaysia, India, China and Japan